Happy Anniversary!

 It's been a full year since we published THE GATES OF CHAOS.  A lot has happened for a lot of us.

Tim Eagle (who published his story as Jim Falcon) has taken the publishing world by storm.  He's written 9 different books (10 if you count his combined edition of the three stories related to Stevats, including the one published in TGOC).  Tim's on fire! He is publishing on Godless and on Amazon.

James Miles was the first writer to get his story done for TGOC.  James has done well too, publishing a novella and a short novelette, also both with Amazon and Godless.  

Jesse D'Angelo has written and published three novels and a short story collection over the past year.  Jesse has been another very productive writer first published in TGOC.

N.M. Brown, Chris Stenson, A.M. Dodds-Wade, and Valkyrie Kerry have all been busy writing, as have BT Noonan, Rob Harman, Florence Marlowe, Wayne Hartshorn, Brianna Van Riet, and Nelson Hurley.  

Will Jacques, the pen-and-ink artist who illustrated the book's 18 stories and wrote an Artist's Statement, is busy managing the Horror Writers' Net Facebook group, and illustrating his next project, a Superheroes anthology (which James will be a part of). 

And then there's me.  I haven't published anything, but I've been writing, too.  I have eight novels or novellas complete (two under a super-secret pen name), and of those, maybe two or three are ready for publication.  

So what did I learn from publishing and editing the anthology?  I learned how gratifying it is to work with writers who are open to feedback and willing to do the work to improve their stories.  That describes every single author in this project.  I also learned when to back off from the suggested edits.  

I think we put out a quality product, with clean editing and formatting (thanks to someone who has chosen to have their name omitted from any credit).  I'm proud of the final book.  I think most of our authors are as well.  

I've maintained pretty strong relationships with most of the people in the anthology.  I am happy to have had the opportunity to work with them, and if I am ever at a loss of things to occupy my limited time, I would love to work with them again.  

Thank you all for the support you gave this project.  Thank you all for the great stories you created!  

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gates of Chaos is LIVE!!!

Scott Dyson on linear/non-linear storytelling